Green Hill Church Family,
As we begin this transition from pastor to interim to pastor we ask for your prayers. It is a daunting task to undertake and we certainly do not take it any other way. We commit to be in prayer at every milestone.
The first milestone is securing an Interim Pastor. After much prayer and consideration the Elders would like to introduce you to Trevin Wax.
Trevin Wax is general editor of The Gospel Project, Theology Advisor at LifeWay Christian Resources, and a visiting professor at Wheaton College. He is the author of multiple books, including Rethink Your Self, This Is Our Time, Eschatological Discipleship, and Gospel Centered Teaching. He has also served FBC Shelbyville as Associate Pastor and as Teaching Pastor at Third Avenue Baptist Church in Murfreesboro. He will be here in May to speak for a Sunday and then be back in June to begin speaking each week here on campus.
In the immediate time, Pastors Casey Colter and Dan Darling will share the pulpit taking us through the book of 1st Peter on Sunday mornings through the rest of April and May.
In the next few weeks we will be sending out a survey asking you to give us input on the qualities you would like to see in the next Senior Pastor. Please be looking for that in your email. Your ideas are needed and encouraged.
We sincerely believe there are great days ahead for Green Hill Church. Daryl has led us in such a great way and helped to bring us into this strong position. We also know that we need you to stand with us by praying, serving and giving. Thank you in advance for sharing your time and talents with your church family. We will keep you updated as often as we can.
Elders of Green Hill Church
Senior Pastor Transition Period
1. The search team is made up of our Pastors and Elders plus some additional church members with counsel from our Church Administration Team.
2. We are planning on putting an interim in place by June. However, from April 18th through May 31st Casey and Dan will be sharing the pulpit. We have a meeting with a prospective Interim next Sunday and will keep everyone in the loop.
3. Our initial plan is to send out a survey the first week of May asking our members what qualities they would like to see in a Senior Pastor. Results will be tabulated and sent out via email.
4. We will receive resumes through July.
5. Our goal would be to have a Pastor in place by January of 2022 if not before.
6. At every milestone we will make you aware of where we are and offer our best timeframe within that segment of the search.
7. Please pray for Daryl, his family, and for us as we begin this transitional period.