MidWeek Update - 4.1.20
MidWeek Connection with Pastor Daryl
MidWeek Student Worship 6:30
Instagram Live & YouTube
Student Zoom Groups at 7:15
This is a great time to invite family, friends, and neighbors to connect with us online.
91 for 91 Prayer Initiative
We're expecting big things as we join as a church family to pray Psalm 91 for 91 days.
Your giving makes a world of difference to Green Hill Church.
If you had trouble accessing online giving lately, we are back up and running. You can give online at greenhillchurch.com/give today!
Drive Thru Food Pantry
Tuesdays & Thursdays | 4-6pm
Spots are available for next week to help pack and hand out food.
Good Friday Online Service
April 10 at 6pm
More information in the next week.
April 12 at 10:30am
Green Hill Update - 3.30.20
Pastor Daryl Crouch
“A day will come for rebuilding your walls; on that day your boundary will be extended.” Micah 7:11
Pestilence and pain come to us for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes suffering comes from the Lord as an instrument of discipline, and at other times it is simply the result of living in a fallen world where sin, Satan, and evil still have influence. Either way, there is no suffering that comes to us that does not pass through the hands of our Heavenly Father.
And like the perfect Father that He is, the Lord God never leaves us alone in our pain. Pain is never the endgame: reconciliation and restoration are His aim.
So while these days are tough and will get tougher, the Lord is with us. He is calling us to Himself, and His aim is to restore, rebuild, and to extend our boundaries for the name and fame of Jesus.
As we begin this week together, consider these three important shifts in our thinking as Green Hill Church:
Shift #1: Short-term thinking to a long-term strategy
In these first few days of this pandemic response, we moved quickly to get online and create systems for the delivery of biblical content and for providing care to our congregation. We’re still working it, but I’m so thankful for our staff and volunteers who have labored tirelessly to assist us to make this possible.
We will gather again for worship and LifeGroups. I’m excited about that, but church as we know it will change. I don’t know exactly what that means, but we should prepare our hearts and minds for church ministry to take new forms in the future.
Shift #2: An attendance motivation to a critical care motivation
We have a few metrics that help us track how many people watch our Sunday livestream, but we really don’t know the extent of our reach. Beyond each of us inviting friends to watch, we are really in no position to control that. What we can control is the ministry we have to our neighbors.
Sickness, death, and financial pain are coming to our town. Our family members and neighbors will be impacted. All of us will be affected, so the focus of Green Hill Church must shift from how many people gather on Sunday to how well we serve needy people around us.
We will re-open our Drive Thru Food & Supply Ministry this week. Pastor Rickey is leading the way on this along with a handful of volunteers. Safety is a big concern, so volunteers will be limited and will follow proper protocols. If you would like to volunteer for one shift this week, please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
We expect other ministries to emerge, so stay tuned. We can prayer-walk our neighborhoods, discover and meet specific needs, and make phone calls. The larger point is that how we each serve the elderly, the single mom, healthcare and other essential workers, and how we come beside people who are hurting must drive our decision making.
Shift #3: A large ministry menu to a narrow ministry priority
In normal days, we do a variety of things in order to reach our neighbors and expand our capacity to make disciples of Jesus. Our mission has not changed, but the circumstances do not allow us simply to do the same things we’ve always done in different ways.
For example, we can offer an online worship service and we can keep our LifeGroups connected through online meeting rooms, but that’s just about the limit of our “regular programming” that’s possible. And even that falls short.
Many churches are scrambling to “keep things going.” I appreciate the thoughtfulness behind that and the desire for normalcy, but attempts to do what we normally do will limit our ability to do what must be done in this moment.
Shift #4: The approved 2020 Financial Plan to a Modified Financial Plan
We began 2020 with an annual budget of just over $1,000,000. For the last three Sundays, we’ve averaged about 67% of anticipated receipts. Just as everyone else, we are adjusting planned expenses. We are also exploring options associated with the CARES Act. And gratefully, we have reserved funds on hand.
The financial impact, however, on Green Hill Church and many other churches will be significant. We will get through this. A year from now, we will look back and be able to see how God preserved us and provided exactly what we needed.
For now, our responsibility is to be found as good stewards of this situation and of the resources God has given to us. So please continue to give faithfully and sacrificially. You can do that now at greenhillchurch.com/give, and you can always mail your check to 13251 Lebanon Rd. Mt. Juliet, TN 37122.
More than anything else, pray for God’s perfect provision. And pray we will have faith, wisdom, and courage to make the best decisions to serve the purposes of God in this season. The Lord will see us through.
Easter is coming! It’s going to be different, but Jesus is still alive and we have much to celebrate. We will have a Good Friday Service online on April 10 at 6 pm and an Easter Sunday Livestream worship service at 10:30 am. More details are coming later this week.
The Lord God is good and His mercies endure forever. He is faithful and we trust Him to rebuild our walls and expand our borders during this important time. Thank you for your prayers and your faithful partnership in this Gospel work.
MidWeek Update - 3.25.20
“When he calls out to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will rescue him and give him honor.”—Psalm 91:15
Just as the Lord was in the fiery furnace with the three Hebrew men, He is in this with us. Whatever trouble surrounds us, the Lord is with us. So lift up your head my dear friends. Our God reigns over all and He holds our lives in His hands.
As we respond to the ministry opportunities the Lord gives to us during this time, please continue to pray for one another, reach out personally to one another and to your neighbors, and then prepare your heart to receive all that God has for you and for our church during the days ahead. We may not be with one another now, but we will be together soon. May it be said when people see us again, “He (or she) has been with Jesus!”
Please check out the updates below. Share the information, images or links with others through social media, text, email, or an old fashion phone call. Your personal engagement in our ministry together is more important than ever before.
It’s a true privilege to grow in grace with you.
MidWeek Connection with Pastor Daryl
Student MidWeek Live
91for91 Daily Prayer Initiative
Your Financial Giving Makes a World of Difference
Green Hill Update - 3.24.20
Here's a great opportunity for
you and your family!
Getty Family Hymn Sing LIVE | Tuesdays at 7:15 PM CT
Join the Getty family tonight on Facebook Live at 7:15 PM CT for a special time of devotion and hymn singing from their home in Nashville.
This week’s songs include All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name, His Mercy Is More, Christ Our Hope in Life and Death, Consider the Stars and It Is Well.
Follow the link below to learn more and to download a free lyric book with this week’s song lyrics to help your family sing along!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN THE HAND MOTIONS TO "HIS MERCY IS MORE"
CLICK HERE TO CATCH UP ON LAST WEEK'S FAMILY HYMN SING
Green Hill Update - 3.23.20
He [The Lord] will cover you with his feathers; you will take refuge under his wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield. -- Psalms 91:4
Today we live with great confidence in the faithfulness of our God. He is our Healer, our Helper, our Provider, and our Wisdom. He guides in the desert and restores our souls in the valleys. Like no other day in recent history, we have the opportunity to trust Him and see His deliverance that people everywhere will put their hope in Jesus.
So please know that the Green Hill pastors and entire ministry team continue to pray for you and that we are committed to help you grow in intimacy with Jesus and live on mission with Him during this time.
Many of you have reached out and said, “We’re praying for you. How can we help?” First, thank you. Your prayer for us and for one another is so important. Second, here are few ways you can help:
1. Stay connected to each other. Take personal responsibility to reach out to your fellow LifeGroup members, ministry partners, and people who sit near you in worship. Now more than ever, everyone is a minister.
2. Take advantage of online resources as opportunities for personal growth and encouragement and as easy invitations to others.
- Livestream Worship every Sunday at 10:30—Visit greenhillchurch.com or find us on Facebook Live. You can watch live or later, and you can always share the link.
- Students Live Worship every Wednesday at 6 pm.
- Kids resources available via email.
- Midweek Connection with Pastor Daryl will be available every Wednesday at greenhillchurch.com or on Facebook and YouTube.
3. Prayerfully consider creative ways you can minister to others and engage in meaningful Gospel conversations. We’re all distancing ourselves, but the Gospel is not held captive. Maybe God would want to use your healthcare or educational background. Maybe He wants to use your technical expertise. Or maybe you’re just good at running errands for people. Seek the Lord and see how He could use you to invite other people to follow Jesus.
4. Give faithfully and sacrificially. These are difficult days for everyone, so all of us doing what we can will make all the difference. Our giving for the last two Sundays has been just over half of the amount required to meet operational needs. We do have reserves, for which we are grateful, but sustainability will likely require both significant cuts in budgeted expenses as well as sacrificial giving from all of us.
So first, pray for God to provide exactly what we need. He is our Provider. Second, pray about how you should give. Third, give online HERE or mail your check to 13251 Lebanon Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122.
5. Join in as we pray Psalm 91 every day for 91 days (#91for91). God is our refuge. He protects us from trouble and in our trouble. And He exalts those who seek Him. Pray for the Lord’s favor on our neighbors, our community, our nation, and our church. Pray that we will become a people that honors Him. Pray that these days will ignite revival and spiritual awakening that people everywhere will trust Jesus as Lord.
Finally, as you may know, the church office is closed until further notice. Our ministry team is still hard at work, so if you need anything at all, please visit greenhillchurch.com for contact information.
Pastor Daryl Crouch
Green Hill Update - 3.19.20
Dear Green Hill Family and Friends,
Uncertain times and unfamiliar challenges are not new for the church of the Lord Jesus.
Just as schools are built to educate the uneducated, just as hospitals are built to serve the sick, and just as auto mechanics open shop to repair broken vehicles, the local church exists to offer hope and help to people who need hope and help. This is our moment!
Green Hill Church stands as a beacon of light that is shining bright throughout our community during these unique, but important days. I’m so proud of how our ministry team and volunteers have stepped up to serve the most vulnerable among us with food, ready to eat meals, and baby care items. It’s been incredible to watch so many of you show and share the love of Christ in tangible ways.
Our congregational routines have certainly changed, but our mission of making disciples of Jesus who live for His Kingdom has not changed at all. We can’t gather together at this time, but you have already shown that we can still live to make Jesus known in our community and around the world.
Here are few important updates as we prepare for the next few days:
- Sunday Worship will be live online on Facebook Live this Sunday, March 22 at 10:30 am. Just click this link and gather with your family as we sing, pray, and open God’s Word together. We will continue our sermon series Jesus’ Last Week with a message titled The End of the World as We Know It. You will want to read Mark 13 to prepare.
- Adult LifeGroups will meet via Zoom technology on Sunday morning before our Livestream Worship. Connect with your LifeGroup leader for details, and then take the opportunity to invite your friends to join you. As isolation grows heavier on all of us, a Zoom LifeGroup gathering can be a welcomed invitation for friends, co-workers, and neighbors. If you don’t currently attend a LifeGroup, but would like to connect to a group, please email Groups Pastor Marty Duren at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will hook you up!
- Students will meet via Instagram & YouTube Livestream on Wednesday night, March 25 at 6:15 pm, and then they will meet in their small groups through Zoom at 7:15 pm. If you have questions or have students who want to connect, please contact NextGen Pastor Casey Colter by emailing email@example.com.
- Kids Ministry will continue as well through pre-recorded worship services accessed through a link parents will receive through email. Look for added bonus discipleship resources in that email as well that will help parents and kids walk with Jesus during these days. If you don’t receive the email or would like to be added to the email list, please email our Children’s Worship leader Layne Hartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Several months ago, Green Hill Church subscribed to an amazing resource called RightNow Media. It’s a video platform much like YouTube that is filled with Gospel-rich, practical video content for adults, students, and kids. It’s completely free to you, but you will need to email Renee Reed at email@example.com to receive an email invitation from RightNow Media.
- Stay connected through our social media channels. By liking our Facebook page here and subscribing to our YouTube channel here, you will get update information that will encourage you in your relationship with Jesus and connect you to opportunities for fellowship and ministry.
- Be smart, avoid unnecessary meetings or gatherings, and then pray that the Lord would destroy this virus, protect us from sickness, heal those already sick, and provide for healthcare workers and others who are caring for the sick and vulnerable.
- Give faithfully and generously. The threat of this virus will affect all of us financially, but here are a few important things all of us can do:
- Trust God as our Provider. He is faithful, and if He provides for the birds fo the air, He will certainly provide for us.
- Pray for one another and for our church. Pray for employment opportunities to grow, for economic impact to be limited, and for people to continue to give sacrificially to Green Hill so that we can continue to serve our neighbors well.
- Give online here or mail your check to Green Hill Church 13251 Lebanon Rd Mt. Juliet TN 37122
As I close this update, let me encourage you to take a look at Psalms 91. You can find it here: http://read.csbible.com/?book=psalms&chapter=91. Beginning Sunday, I’m asking that our church join with many other churches in our community as we pray Psalms 91 for the next 91 days. The Lord is our refuge. He is our dwelling place. So we trust Him to hear us and to rescue us so that we may glorify Him.
Green Hill Update - 3.16.20
Happy Monday to You!
I hope you were able to join us on Facebook Live Sunday. If you missed it, you can find it on Green Hill Church’s Facebook page or at greenhillchurch.com/sermons.
These are interesting days, but they are days that are ordained by God. We are in His good care, and we can trust Him. Like no other time in recent history, the church of the Lord Jesus has an incredible opportunity to show and share the hope of the Gospel to our neighbors and to the world.
Our ministry team continues to work diligently to serve you and our community well during this time. We are making a number of decisions regarding the next seven days, the next four weeks, and the next eight weeks.
At this time, we do not expect to conduct any gatherings on our campus through March 29, 2020. That means there will be no Sunday or Wednesday gatherings through the month of March.
In light of these schedule changes, here are a few important priorities:
- Stay fresh with Jesus. He is our light and our lives are hidden in Him.
- Take care of yourself. Avoid large groups, pay attention to your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Serve your neighbors. Check in on people. Offer to serve those who shouldn’t get out in public. And pray for one another.
- Connect with your LifeGroup. Our Groups Ministry is the key link for ministry now and always. So whether it’s through calling, texting, Zoom calls, or an occasional cookout, do whatever you can to make sure you’re nurturing meaningful relationships.
- Look for divine opportunities for Gospel conversations. People are uncertain; we are not. Our hope is in Jesus and the people around us need to hear the Good News of the Gospel.
- Make sure you and your friends are on our email list. Join our Facebook Group HERE and then be sure to watch our FB Live events.
- Give faithfully and generously. We are certain of God’s provision, but He works through our sacrifice. So for us to serve our community well, we need you to continue to live and give generously. To give online go to greenhillchurch.com/give or mail your check to 13251 Lebanon Rd. Mt. Juliet, TN 37122.
As a ministry team, here are a few things we are working on:
- Weekly Devotion and Prayer Guide. Nothing is more important than our intimacy with God. So we will provide resources to encourage you to deepen in your walk with Him.
- LifeGroup Resources for Adults, Students, and Kids. We are working on LifeGroup resources from The Gospel Project for your kids and students, as well as similar resources for adults. More information this week as we iron out the details.
- Leadership Development. There are wonderful online resources available through our pastoral team as well as through RightNow Media and other online resources. Expect links to some of these in the days ahead.
- Serving Opportunities. We will continue to keep our Food Pantry and Meal Distribution open. We will keep you aware of these and other volunteer opportunities as we serve our city together.
- Mid-Week Bible Study. Each Wednesday, we will post a video online intended to encourage you in your walk with Jesus as you live on mission with Him.
- Sunday Facebook Live Events. Like last Sunday, we will provide an online worship event each Sunday morning at 10:30 am. Please pray for us, invite others through texting and social media, and then join in with us.
Dear church, these are important days for us to grow in our dependence on God, to learn to hear His voice more clearly, to pray for healing and help, and to discover new ways to show and tell the Gospel with those who are near to us but far from God. This is also the time when our love and care for one another grows, when we’re more sensitive to people in need, and more ready to speak words of life and hope to those waiting for a good word.
Thank you for the privilege of partnering with you in this great Gospel work. You are loved. Jesus is Lord!
Green Hill Update - 3.15.20
Food Boxes & Meal Distribution
With schools being closed this week, many children will be missing two meals per day that they would normally be provided at school. Since we are already a partner with WA Wright Elementary in their BackPack food program, we were contacted by the school system to help compensate for the meals they would have received at school. We are grateful for any opportunity to love our neighbors.
Monday through Friday this week, we will offer the following:
8-10am Monday-Friday: Our food pantry will be open to distribute non-perishable food boxes to families in need. This will happen at the main entrance of the church. We have volunteers covered for the week for the food pantry box distribution
4-6pm Monday-Friday: We will have free, prepared meals in to-go containers that we will hand out in a drive-thru format for families in need. This will happen at the door nearest to the Fellowship Hall.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us in the church office. Our office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm.
We'll keep you posted on any other churchwide announcements or opportunities to serve. Stay tuned this week as we send daily updates to you via email.
Sunday and Wednesday Schedule Change
Green Hill Church Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) March 14, 2020
After prayer and discussion with our elders, we’ve decided to cancel all on campus activities on Sunday, March 15 and Wednesday, March 18. This includes worship, LifeGroups, age-graded activities, and the Israel Trip interest meeting. The Kids Movie Night scheduled for March 20 and the Women's Worship event scheduled for the evening of March 22 are also cancelled.
We love gathering every Sunday for worship, fellowship, and ministry. Not only is weekly corporate worship a biblical command and an essential rhythm for every believer, but God works in a special way among His people when we seek Him together.
If this is true, why would we cancel activities?
1. Government officials have encouraged citizens to limit assemblies, and we want to honor our leaders and the efforts they are making to serve us.
2. The older population and the immune vulnerable are important to us, and we want to encourage them and serve them well during this time.
3. If limiting large gatherings will help curb the spread of this virus, then we want to be a part of the solution, rather than a part of the problem.
4. We want to be known by our love. We are not afraid, but many people are and a segment of our population are actually very vulnerable to this virus. So we want them to know that we love them, care about them, and are ready to serve them.
5. There are many things we do not know about the Coronavirus and how quickly it will spread. Pushing the pause button for a few days seems like the wise thing to do.
What should we do on Sunday and for the next few days?
1. Find Green Hill Church’s Facebook page and join us on Facebook Live on Sunday at 10:30 am. Gather with your family, your LifeGroup, or with neighbors, and join us a we open God’s Word, turn our hearts to Jesus, pray for our neighbors and the nations, and discover how we can live on mission during this important moment.
2. Find a way to serve. We’ve already had young adults reaching out to find out how they can serve older adults. Look around. Ask around. And continue loving your neighbors.
3. Communicate and Connect. If you have needs or you know of others who have needs, please CLICK HERE and then fill out and submit the Help Is Coming! form. Feel free to share it with others as well.
4. Stay connected to your LifeGroup. Small groups among healthy people poses no threat. So get together for prayer, service, or just some fun.
5. Give generously. Our community has been hit by a tornado and now by stressors imposed by this virus. So if we are going to serve our community well, your sacrificial giving is more important than ever. Either give online atgreenhillchurch.com/give or mail your check in to: Green Hill Church, 13251 Lebanon Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122.
6. If you have kids at home, this LIfeWay Kids at Home resource is a great option for you. Just CLICK HERE and follow the instructions.
7. We ask, seek, and knock with confidence that God hears us and that He responds to our prayers. So pray with one another and for one another as we learn to trust Him and love one another.
Fear and anxiety do not rule our hearts. Jesus is our peace and our lives are hidden in Him. So as we walk by faith, we walk in love, humility, and wisdom, trusting Him as we put other people first.
I love Green Hill Church and the way you love one another and this wonderful community we call home. The situation is changing rapidly, and we will do our very best to keep you posted on updates, so stayed tuned. And finally, remember to join us for a special service this Sunday, March 15, at 10:30 on Facebook Live.
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Daryl Crouch